Wednesday, November 22, 2017

RIP David Cassidy


This depresses the hell out of me. Like millions of other latch-key kids in the 70s, I would watch him on The Partridge Family on TV after school. He was never able to get a handle on the drinking, and it killed him. Eventually, it does, either by some crazy drunken accident or escapade or, in his case, multiple organ failure. 

Sobering is hard for a drunk. I imagine it's even more difficult when you're famous and being hounded at every turn by the eternal gossip machine. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him, struggling with this his entire life, in and out of rehab over the years, being dogged by coverage like this, and this, and this

The price of fame, blah, blah, etcetera and etcetera. But it's still really depressing. RIP David. 
"This morning I woke up with this feeling I didn't know how to deal with and so I just decided to myself I'd hide it to myself and never talk about it..."





No comments:

Post a Comment